Speakers should arrive to their room 10 minutes early for setup. You will have access to the session rooms prior to the first session of the day and during the breaks. There is WiFi available in all of the rooms, however, since connections to WiFi can sometimes be unreliable, we STRONGLY recommend you have the ability to do your session without a connection to the internet.
What to Bring
- Your laptop, with session slides loaded (it doesn't hurt to bring a backup USB).
- Your laptop's power adaptor.
- A 110 volt power converter if you are visiting from outside the US.
- All classrooms have a HDMI connection to the projector. FLDC will provide VGA to HDMI converters for all classrooms. Please be sure your laptop can connect to either HDMI or VGA connector
- A slide advancer, if you want one.
We will be asking you to upload your slides to our site - please use the Print to PDF function of your presentation tool. We will also give you permission to edit your session's page with any relevant info or links related to your session. We encourage you to use our Reveal.js MidCamp Presentation Template.
How long are sessions?
General sessions are 50 minutes and may include 10-15 minutes for audience Q+A.
How will my session be recorded?
We hope to record all of the sessions. We will record the audio and slides live, as they are presented, and post to your session node. Attendees like having a copy of session slides in addition to this recording, so we ask you to upload your slides (by editing your session) by the first day of MidCamp.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.